Thursday 27 October 2011

How to... undo things

For this editorial I was looking at things that can't be undone, so I decided to experiment with shoelaces tied up in an impossible knot. For the shoes I referenced brogues (they're great fun to draw!) and am currently trying to find a way of depicting the laces. It was suggested that I incorporate arrows into the image, demonstrating how to untie the laces (like in a how to guide/ old fashioned manual?) which is something I'm trying to resolve at the moment. 



This is my rough so far, although it's hard to work out what's happening with the laces and arrows as everything's all the same sort of tone. Media wise, I was contemplating lino cutting the shoes and adding everything else on digitally (drawn and scanned in) but I'm not decided yet. I was also hoping to keep the brogues themselves either black and white or one colour, with the laces as a contrasting colour to ensure that everything's easily readable. I'm not sure what to do with the arrows though at the moment...

1 comment:

  1. you could make them 2 tone correspondent brogues also draw the shoes quite decoratively but the laces realistically.. arrows like old dance instructions

    ReplyDelete